Here’s another news post coming atcha! After high recommendations and some research, I decided to invest my hard earned money in a card that will support my travel lifestyle. What better way then to get one for frequent flyer miles for my consumerism habits?
So following Jason’s article http://zerototravel.com/trade-for-travel/beginners-guide-travel-hacking/, the majority of racking up a lot of points will be sign up bonuses. Other travel blogs also recommend this credit card in the article.
In the case of the Chase Sapphire Preferred, charging (READ: not spending) $4,000 in the first 3 months will net you 50,000 points. Some key mentions:
- Gain another 5,000 points for a first purchase and adding an authorized user on the account
- 2 points for travel/dining spendings, 1 point for everything else
- Points never expire unless you close your account
- Redeem points through Ultimate Rewards system
- 1 point equals $0.0125 if booked through Ultimate Rewards
So I went ahead and submitted an online application on December 15th, 2015. I have not heard anything since today, Christmas Eve. Let’s hope they process soon because my fingers are aching for a numeral pad of keyboard to punch some credit card numbers on online retailers. I do have certain big purchases I have in mind which will help knock out some of the $4,000 baseline. Tips about “charging” the card are to come once I’ve received my card. Now I have to wait their approval letter/card to come in by US mail, hopefully here before 30 days! Stay tuned.